Welcome to my Projects page, where you can find everything I’ve ever done around the Web. I’ll add more work as I track it down, so this list is always expanding with new things. Also, this list does not include my extensive experience ghostwriting and email marketing.
Social commerce is the idea that our friends and relations influence our buying habits. I discuss four methods that businesses have harnessed social commerce, and how those benefits played out. This piece was written on behalf of SoftCity, a subsidiary of Avanquest Software.
I had the pleasure of working with the product development department to help launch Fix-It Utilities 12 with a series of articles designed to help users get the most out of the program. This is a technical writing project providing tips, as well as clear instruction to individuals on how to use a desktop program designed to maintain a personal computer.
Business 2 Community
When a small business owner needs to shop for an email service provider, he or she has to consider the reputation of the ESP and audit his own list. Many see this as trimming their list down, but carefully segmenting one’s list and maintaining subscribers may improve deliverability without hemorrhaging users.
I wrote a series of articles for ComicImpact.com ranging from my first experiences at ComicCon to reviews of independent comics by prominent writers like Brian Michael Bendis. This is early work in my career, and some are a bit saucy. Here are some of my favorites:
- Advanced Screening of Kick-Ass
- Review: Max Brooks Recorded Attacks
- Part 1 Of the Saga of Long Beach ComicCon
- Part 2 of the Saga of Long Beach ComicCon
- Part 3 of the Saga of Long Beach ComicCon
- Part 4 of the Saga of Long Beach ComicCon
- Review: The Dylan Dog Case Files
- Interview: Brandon Graham
- Walking Dead Greenlit at AMC
- King City: Manga vs Issue
- Review: The Goon Chinatown
- Review: Warren Ellis’ No Hero
- Review: Goldfish by Brian Michael Bendis
- Review: Queen and Country Vol 1
My work with Demand has been concentrated largely in technology. I also write for the business section and have been published on eHow, Chron, Global Post, AZCentral and opposing views. I maintain high ratings for both grammar and research, and was publishing 50+ articles monthly at my height for a total of nearly 400 articles published.
My guest post for SitePoint, a leading technology blog, discusses some common mistakes everyone makes in SEO. Most of these tips go beyond “basic” SEO and into territory that deals with development and backend management.
I was community manager of Softcity for 2 years, where I managed a small team of writers and kept up their email marketing efforts. Much of my work there took place in social media and copywriting. I posted 347 articles during my time with Softcity, so I have included only a survey of my personal favorites from that era:
- Code School | Learn by Doing
- Which Browser Should You Use?
- Indispensable Tourist Apps
- 4 Memory Retention Tips for Heavy Internet Users
- Should Accessing Someone’s Email be a Federal Crime?
- Martin Van Hemmert | On Photo Stitching and Light Painting
- Ubisoft History | How Games are Made Part 1
- Sound Design | How Games are Made Part 2
- Playtesting | How Games are Made Part 3
- Producing Ubisoft Games | How Games are Made Part 4
- My SoftCity Profile Listing All Articles